Monday, March 9, 2009

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS: Empire of the Sun "Walking On A Dream" (Jimmy2sox remix)

The week is here upon us again, and by now, we are well on our way into the thick of it. So I figure why not some great music to enjoy along the way. I've heard this song by Empire of the Sun for a couple of months now and I, frankly, did not think much of it at first. They look like characters out of a cheesy 80s' flick and remind me of another joke-band, like The Darkness. But that's always not a bad thing. Slowly this song has won me over and I've become a fan. Then comes along Jimmy2sox and I'm in love, playing this song non-stop for the last five days. Both the band and the remixer are from the land down under and I'm beginning to believe Australia has more going for it than kangaroos and Hugh Jackman. Don't believe me? The horn loop alone is worth the listen.

No comments: