Monday, November 10, 2008

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS: Water Drops On Burning Rocks

So here we go with another Monday and instead of being really depressed because (for most of us) the real world has come back a knockin' I have decided to post the shiznik that makes me smile--and hopefully you'll agree!!!! Below is one of the most awesome scenes I have seen in film in a really long time. The clip is from Francois Ozon's film Water Drops on Burning Rocks and the movie rocks. I haven't really seen too many of Ozon's films but the two that I have (this one and the brilliantly mysterious Swimming Pool) are smart and very engaging. Building on top of great acting performances (with the consistently wonderful Ludivine Sagnier being one of them) Water Drops' characters explore issues of love, sex, and heartbreak with passion, comedy, and plenty of bedroom action. Never one to shy away from the ridiculous this hilarious dance sequence left me with the an ear-to-ear smile filled with unabashed stupid joy. Everything from the impossibly catchy disco song to Sagnier's adorable and contagious enthusiasm is perf. Enjoy!


No comments: